Facts & Statistics
- In 1984, Rick was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. He refused chemo and radiation but did have surgery. A section of his large colon was removed. Today, with the knowledge and resources he has, he wouldn’t have the surgery, and of course no radiation or chemo.
- In the 1950’s, 1 out of 50,000 people got cancer. In the 1980’s, 1 out of 267 people got cancer. Today 1 out of 2 men and 1 out of 3 women will get cancer.
- 1 out of 3 American adults will get cancer and 23% of all Americans will die of it.
- 18 years ago, when Rick opened Natural Foods Plus: more than a Health Foods Store, every 30 seconds, someone on the continent of USA and Canada had a heart attach or stroke. Today, every 20 seconds on the continent of USA and Canada someone has a heart attack or stroke.
- One in every three children born in the year 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime.
- Diabetes will cut 17-27 years off your life.
- Each day, 1 in 4 Americans visit a fast food restaurant. In 1972, we spent $3 billion a year on fast food. Today, we spend more than $110 billion.
- The average child sees 10,000 TV advertisement per year.
- Approximately 6 out of every 10 adults, roughly 67% of the adult population, are obese and 32% of our children are obese.
- Obese individuals usually have high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes and their bodies have trouble using insulin to keep cells supplied with energy. They carry most of their excess body fat above the waist and are considered to have a condition called Syndrome X or metabolic syndrome.
- 7 out of 10 deaths in the USA are caused by chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, stroke, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension, and diabetes.
- If you are over the age of 40 and have insurance, you are probably taking anywhere from 5 to 9 prescription drugs daily.
- 60% of all deaths will be caused by either heart disease or cancer.
- Chronic diseases are the most preventable and they don’t just happen; they are almost entirely the result of decades of unhealthy living. Both cancer and heart disease are lifestyle related, mostly preventable, and strongly related to diet, physical activity, the mind, and tobacco use.
- There has been a 600% increase in Autism since 2001.
Yes, genetics play a role in the disease process, but that role is much smaller than you might believe. Within some families, a gene that causes cancer or heart disease at an early age may be passed from generation to generation. These aggressive genes can affect many members of a single family line and, though they almost always cause disease, they are rare. Less than 5% of all cases of cancer and heart disease fall into this category. Other genes, which are not quite as aggressive, can also cause these diseases, but just carrying the gene doesn’t mean you will develop the disease. The weaker genes, called polymorphisms, can cause health problems only if they have the right environment.
Therefore, just because you inherit a gene that is known to cause problems doesn’t mean you are destined to have those problems. Most genes can express themselves only if they have the right environment. That is why we say at Natural Foods Plus “Genetics load the Gun, but Lifestyle Pulls the trigger.”
Dr. Wayne says there are 3 Crisis in America. They are the Pharmaceutical Industry, Obesity, & Violence. If you want to prevent or break this “Perpetual Cycle of Pain & Misery” or Syndrome X, call The Natural Healer Rick L. Poole. He will assess and design your “Optimal Health Program.”